Today in our very busy and fast life we often forget to take the essential vitamins and minerals which are required for the proper functioning of the body. Our food habits have detoriated and fast food dominates the platters, resulting in poor nutritional intake. As a result we fall ill, get various diseases or feel lethargic and unwell.
Well, a multivitamin supplies most of the needed micronutrientsin the form of a super convenient supplement. They are used to provide substances that are not taken in enough through the diet. Multivitamins and minerals are also used to treat vitamin or mineral deficiencies caused by illness, pregnancy, poor nutrition, digestive disorders, certain medications, and many other conditions.
After knowing what it is, you would like to know its benefits, its effects and side effects (IF ANY)
I will provide you enough reasons for the same.
- Support healthy aging. As you get older, your body has a harder time absorbing nutrients from food. At the same time, your nutritional needs increase. Multivitamins helps to overcome that.
- Correct nutritional deficiencies caused by prescription drugs and surgery and nutritionally wasting health conditions such as diabetes
- Improve short-term memory, cognition and overall brain health
- Boost energy levels
- Detoxify your body.It facilitates enzymatic reactions required for detoxification, and keep the liver and other organs in tip-top shape.
- Maintain muscle strength.They help in increasing and maintaining muscle strength.
- Restore sense of smell. Anosmia, the inability to detect odors, is cured by taking multivitamins
- Protect against hearing loss
- Improve your skin.It helps in maintaining healthy, supple, younger-looking skin.
- Prevent asthma and allergies.
- Prevent diabetes complications. The best way to prevent these complications is by taking a potent, daily multivitamin and mineral supplement.
- Boost mood and manages stress.It has positive effects on mood and emotional well-being.
- Enhance weight loss.It has a very positive effect on weight loss.
- Improve sexual function. The organs and glands responsive to sexual hormones are vulnerable to free radical damage, so taking an antioxidant-rich daily multivitamin helps ensure peak performance and function.
- Reduce cravings for alcohol.People who have problems with alcohol can gain better control over their drinking by making sure they have adequate levels of B-complex vitamins, calcium and magnesium.
- Prevent dental problems.It helps in the prevention of gum disease and many oral diseases
As you can clearly see that almost all the diseases can be cured and prevented taking a multivitamin daily. And to mention there are no side effects of it, as long as one does nor overdose on any vitamin or mineral.
So if you want to live healthier, happier and disease free life. Make these multivitamins an essential part of your life. And take them daily as prescribed by the doctor and follow the new rule of life.
“A multivitamin a day keeps all the diseases away”